Writer's Block is a universal struggle that everyone experiences. Not only journalists, bloggers, or novelists, anyone can face this horrible moment. As a blogger, of course, I had lots of Writer's Block moments (every time, tbh) and it's not the best feeling. You know what my worst moment of this condition is? Not as a blogger, but as a student.

A throwback to my final exam, I had Writer's Block during English Paper 1 in Section B, where we have to choose one out of five essay questions and this section has a total of 100 marks. That time, for a moment, I felt so stupid. I can't even think of any ideas for each question, and I was staring at that page for like 20 minutes. I began writing 30 minutes after the exam started. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish my essay for that section. My script was really short. My English teacher said we have to write at least 2 and a half pages for that section and I only got to finish one full page.

After that paper, I was sooooo frustrated. I wanted to cry as I know how many marks I'm going to lose out of that 100 freaking marks. I felt so down and kind of lost my spirit for the next paper. Thank God I have my friends who calmed me down by convincing me to think positive. Alhamdulillah, English Paper 2 was all right. We haven't got our English marks for the final exam yet. From that moment until now, I'm still scared. Usually, I would worry about my Science subjects scores the most, but not this time. Overall, that was the worst Writer's Block I've ever had.

Okay so, back to the topic. I get Writer's Block every time I'm writing a blog post, I swear. I usually start writing a post at like 4 pm and finished the whole thing at about 9pm. I can't write an entire  post straight at one time because of Writer's Block. I will take some breaks between that 5 hours. I do things to overcome this situation. How?

1. Read Other Blogs
Whenever I don't know what to write, I would do some blogwalk to get inspirations from other blogs. It's not like you're copying other people's work, you'll just get some ideas to continue and improve yours. Reading can improve your vocabulary. So, whenever you don't know how to continue your sentences, reading other blogs and learning new words should solve the problem.

2. Watch YouTube Videos
Other than reading, I also do some listening by watching YouTube videos! You know, being a blogger and a YouTuber can be the same sometimes. Bloggers express their words through typing on the keyboard and Youtubers express theirs through talking in front of the camera. Watching videos on YouTube can improve your vocabulary too, it will also give you some ideas to write.

3. Play with My Cats
I know this is weird, but it works for me. You can't write in an unstable mood, right? Whenever I start to feel bored or disinterested, I would get off my chair and play with my cats for a while. My cats are one of my main source of happiness. Just by seeing and hugging them really boost up my mood every time. You need a good mood to write a good content. So, do something that makes you happy!

4. Go on Buzzfeed
BuzzFeed is an online media company delivering news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people around the world. The point here is similar to number 1, it's about reading. Buzzfeed is more to reading news and stories from around the world. They also have fun quizzes and videos you can do and watch! This will not only improve your language, but also cheer up your mood.

5. Take a nap
Getting some rest is important. Have you ever got to those times when you feel so tired and sleepy when you're writing a blog post? Whenever I start to feel it, I would just jump on my bed and get a good 30-minute nap. Your brain needs some rest to work well. So, take a short nap and believe me, you'll feel much fresher and energised to continue your writing!

These are some of the ways on how I beat Writer's Block. I hope these things would give you some tips and tricks whenever you get to this dreadful situation. Let us all bury this plight and write our heart out for our readers! Oh and about my cats and Youtubers that I watch, I will do some other posts about them soon!

What are your ways to overcome Writer's Block? Share them in the comment section down below!

P.s; I had Writer's Block when I was writing this post. *irony*