Am I the only one at my age who doesn't have a main ambition yet? Most of my friends can already see their future as doctors, engineers, accountants and lawyers. Most of them already have ambition. I don't. I don't know what I want to be.


I think about this almost every day. I ask opinions from my parents and friends a lot. Is it too early for me to think about my future? I mean, my mom always says,

Takyah fikir lagi. Belajar je rajin-rajin dulu sampai lulus SPM, lepas tu baru fikir.

Well, she has a point. Maybe I shouldn't be that worried yet. Let's just study smart and get good results first, and then think about the future ... right?

At first, I wanted to be a doctor just like my parents. Everyone (especially my aunts and cousins) always ask me whether I want to follow my parents' footsteps of not. Yes, of course, I want to but guess what? My mom won't let me. I mean, she said that there are already too many doctors in Malaysia. So many that some of them waited for so long to get a job. It's not that she don't let me be one, she was just advising. So, I decided not to be a doctor.

I also took a bunch of Online Free Career Tests here, here, here and here. You can try them; they're great and completely free. Most of my results are not related to science at all. More to business stuff. I don't know about this as I don't like these accounts and economy stuff. If you read this post of mine, I enjoy learning science. It is the stream I wanted when I was still in lower secondary form. But to be honest, I don't think I will continue with science in my future. I love learning it but maybe not for my career.

I tried to list the things that I like and interested in. You know what? I love baking, photography, and writing. I've mentioned all of these on my about me page, but here, I'll go in depth about them. So, here are the things that I might want to be in the future.

1. Photographer
This is the only thing that I'm sure of. I want to be a photographer. I need to be a photographer. This has been my dream since I was a kid. My dad's hobby is taking photos. He's not a photographer, but he has a DSLR and other few cameras. He has many sizes of lenses. He collects lots of books and magazines related to photography. He makes me want to be a photographer so bad. I also love looking and admiring amazing photos, and I've always wanted to take pictures like those. I don't know what I'll be soon, but I will make this happen. Whether as my primary or part-time job. Having a photography studio would be great! At least a mini one, with studio lighting and different backgrounds. Aahhh I want this to happen!

2. Pastry Chef or Business Woman
As I said on my about page, I want to launch my cafe. Cafes are beautiful. I love how people go there to do work, chill, date and others there, the coffee aroma you'll smell every time you enter a cafe and how quiet the place can sometimes be. I LOVE IT. I want to be a business woman with my cafe or at least a pastry chef at a cafe. I've been dreaming of having a cafe with books, like a library + cafe. Omg! Wouldn't it be cool to read novels or magazine with a cup of hot coffee? I would design the cafe as beautiful and hipster as I can. I talked about this with one of my friends (who also don't have any ambitions yet), and we planned this together! I don't know if it would happen but hey if it does, don't forget to visit my cafe okay?

3. Writer
I enjoy writing since I was little. For your information, I wrote a novel once! I was 11 that time, and I loved reading books so much. I used these brown exercise books every school had and wrote a novel about my friends and me and I finished 3 of the exercise books. I had my family, and my classmates read them, and they enjoyed it. My dad asked me to type it up, but I didn't want to. So, where do I express my love towards writing? Here. This blog. That's why I enjoy blogging since 2012. One thing that I've always dreamed of is to have my novel. I will try to write a novel (probably in Malay) and send it to a publishing company. I want to make this happen, and I want to have at least one novel written by me before I die. Insya'Allah.

Based on all my interests, these are the careers I'm interested in. I would love to have at least one of these jobs as a part-time job. Leading career? I don't know. I still can't figure out any. Recently, I've been Googling about engineers. Yes, it is a science-related career but hey, why not? Aaahhh I DON'T KNOW. For now, I just need to focus on my school studies and of course, SPM.

Speaking about SPM,
GOOD LUCK TO ALL STUDENTS BATCH '99 !!! ALL THE BEST ❤

Whatever you're doing in your life, do your best. I wish everyone a splendid luck and no matter how hard your life is going currently, do not give up and remember, Allah had planned the best for each one of us!