I always love Korean food! The only legit Korean restaurents in Malaysia that I have tried before are Sopoong. By legit, I mean, like real authentic Korean food restaurant. I have tried other Korean restaurants like Kfry, Kyochon, and Chicken Plus, but those are like Korean chicken kind of restaurant, which is different. You get me?

Last week, I finally get to try another Korean restaurant which is MyeongDong Topokki! I've heard of it multiple times already, I also watched Syedot ASMR and Isaac Osman mukbang videos where they try the food from this restaurant (yes, I love wathing mukbangs and ASMRs). I was craving for it so bad.

In the area where I live, the nearest Korean restaurants are only Sopoong, which is the one that I've been to the most. Also, Chicken Plus and Dubuyo. I've never tried Dubuyo. Most people around me that have tried that restaurant didn't really like it. So, I don't know. Have any of you guys been there?

Anyway, back to the topic, there's no MyeongDong Topokki near my house. Well, there is one at The Mines, which is obviously near to my university, UPM. But I just have no time to go there. UPM is so freaking big, my actual residential college is not really near to The Mines, but is VERY near to IOI City Mall. Like, so damn close. So, even when I do have free time, I'd go to IOI instead of The Mines, since the differences of the Grab fare to go to these 2 places from my college is like RM5. Quite a lot, right?

Long story short, this MyeongDong Topokki that I went to is not even at The Mines. It's actually at Ipoh Parade. HAHAHAH. As you guys know from my previous post, I went to Ipoh last week, and the mall beside the hotel that I was staying at, has this restaurant. Me and my brother were so excited (he loves Korean food too), so we finally got to give it a try! Yaaaayyyy.

We order 3 things from the menu. Dol Sot Bibimbap (Beef), Rabokki and Kimbap!

We shared all the dishes together so that each of us get to taste everything. The bibimbap and rabokki are set meals, each comes with a green tea drink and the regular Korean side dishes which are kimchi, veggies and some anchovies. For the bibimbap, you'll get a small bowl of soup and for the rabokki, you'll get 4 pieces of kimbap. 

Dol Sot Bibimbap (돌솥 비빔밥)

Price: RM19.90 (Chicken), RM20.90 (Beef)
Overall: 8/10
Thoughts: I ordered the beef one. Bibimbap is a bowl of rice layered with mixed vegetables, meat and egg. You have to mix everything up (including the red gochujang paste) before start eating. I swear guys, the mixing process is SO satisfying. It felt like I was doing an ASMR. HAHAHAH. This is honestly my first time trying this dish. I've always watch Korean mukbangers eating bibimbap. "Dolsot" Bibimbap actually means the bibimbap served in a sizzling hot stone bowl. And yes, it was super hot, at took some time to cool down. The taste is unique and so freaking delicious.

Rabokki (라볶이)

Price: RM17.90
Overall: 8.5/10
Thoughts: We were thinking of ordering the topokki itself but my brother was quite hungry and wanted the ramyun, so here it is, Rabokki! It's basically ramyun & topokki in one bowl. This is super tasty as well. This was not my first time trying this, I had it at Sopoong before. But this one is way more better because of the thick gravy, which is PERFECT. It's quite spicy as well. I just love it. Sopoong's one was not this thick and more soupy. Anyway, I can't wait to taste the signature MyeongDong Topokki dish. Must be so good.

Kimbap (김밥)

Price: RM11.90
Overall: 8.5/10
Thoughts: Kimbap is similar to sushi but of course, NOT a sushi. Rice and some other ingredients rolled in dried sheets of layer seaweed and served in bite-sized slices. I've tasted many different kimbap before and this is one of the best ones. The best one that I've ever tasted was when I went to Jeju, South Korea. Still can't beat that one. But this one is still quite good and also something that is a must try here. I will definitely order this again. 

The Verdict
I love it! I enjoy all 3 meals. So, so delicious and unique. If any of you are a fan of Korean food like me, I really do recommend you guys to try this restaurant. I can't wait to try other food from their menu. Although the choices aren't as much as Sopoong's, but comparing the prices, MyeongDong Topokki is slightly less expensive than Sopoong. Overall, I'm so gonna come here again.

ANOTHER THING I NEED TO HIGHLIGHT is that the kimchi here is so good. I don't know about you guys but I'm not really a fan of kimchi, but MyeongDong Topokki's kimchi is definitely acceptable for me. I legit finished them up, which I don't usually do at other Korean restaurants. Lol.

Also, got myself a small llaollao for dessert. So good! I haven't had this in a while.

I don't usually do food reviews, but I tried my best! Hahah. Anyway, it was a nice first experience of mine visiting MyeongDong Topokki. Can't wait to come here again. Hehe. Don't forget to give it a try, okay? 💓

What's your favourite Korean dish? Any other Korean restaurant suggestions?