Hewwo peeps. Yeap, I'm still alive. LOL. I hope everyone's doing fine. I guess it's too late already but I'm still going to say this so, happy new year everyone! It's 2020. Wow. And yes, it's March already! That is absolutely SO DAMN fast. It felt like 2019 was just yesterday. Am I the only one?

Anyway, as I mentioned in the post title above, yeap, I'm on my semester break! Finally! After almost 6 months, I survived my 1st Semester in medical school! Phew. I'm trying my best not to write a whole essay about it. But it was definitely hard. Of course.


As what everyone says, life gets harder and harder as your age increases. I always thought SPM was already so, so exhausting. I still remembered how struggled I was during SPM. God knows. But now while I'm in this medical degree, as I look back, SPM is really, really just the beginning.

Back to my 1st Semester in medical school journey. Of course, it is so much more harder. No more calculations (which I actually quite enjoy during high school and pre-uni) like Mathematics and Physics. It's just Biology and Chemistry. In fact, even more than just the basic Biology and Chemistry, which of course requires a lot of memorizing. Like, a lot.

Despite all of that, alhamdulillah, I enjoy it. I enjoy what I'm learning. It is what I'm interested in and  I believe, what I'm passionate about. I love it. I love learning about the human body. It can be so mind-blowing sometimes, and I love that. Alhamdulillah for everything.

During the study week, the struggle was real. Earlier during that week, I can still sleep at least 4 hours a day. Towards the end of the study week, as the exam week is getting closer and closer, I only slept 1 hour a day. Took quite a few panadols, and vomited in the morning before the exam. I'm really not that kind of person who vomits easily tho. I wasn't even like that during SPM and pre-uni. It was just too much that I just literally got to that point where I needed to vomit. Lol.

Anyway, if some of you guys don't know, for degrees like medical and dental degree, we don't have pointers. It is either pass or fail. Alhamdulillah, I passed my 1st Semester. Hard work paid off, definitely. I remembered calling my mom after the results were out, and I was crying like hell. My mom, who is a doctor herself, laughed at me and was like "Baru 1st sem. Belum final year, belum HO lagi!! Dah takyah nangis over sangat!!" HAHAHAHA. I mean, of course she was so happy for me as well since she knows how I struggled, she was just teasing me and reminding me that I have a long journey ahead.

Then I realized that, yes, it is just the 1st semester. I have another 9 semesters to go. Another 4 and a half years. Not only that, of course we medical graduates have to go through the housemanship phase, only then we will actually get the real licence as doctors. Yeap, loooooong way to go.

May Allah ease my journey. InshaAllah, aamiin.

Here's a picture of my whole batch, MD24 💓

Enough of that. Damn it, I shouldn't be talking about studies during semester break!! Hahahah. We have 1 month and this is the only time we can actually do everything else other than studying. I'm now on my 2 week of the break. Sorry for the late update. My 1st week was full of sleeping. I just, sleep. Since I was lack of sleep so badly during the last 2 weeks of the semester. So... yeah.

By the way, I know my blog is full of study-related posts. I'm so sorry if I bore you guys. I'm really trying my best to think of something else to talk about. Lol.

That's all for now. I will make sure my next post won't be a study-related one, okay! Hahahah. Till then, thank you for reading. See you when I see you!